1830 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
- PhD, Mathematics, Ohio State University, 1968
- MS, Mathematics, Ohio State University, 1964
- BS, Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon University, 1963
- Reliability theory
- Positive and negative dependence concepts used in multiple testing
- Distribution theory
"The importance of statistics is well known in almost all academic disciplines and also to the students who are required to take an introductory statistics course. The next frontier is to convince the general public that statistics is indispensable."
- STAT 1731, Stochastic Processes, Spring 2009
- STAT 2211, Categorical Data Analysis, Spring 2009
- STAT 1201, Applied Nonparametric Statistics, Fall 2008
- STAT 3131, Topicsin Applied Statistics 1, Fall 2008
- STAT 1241, Applied Sampling, Spring 2008
- STAT 2641, Asymptotic Methods in Statistics, Spring 2008
- STAT 1301, Statistical Packages, Fall 2007
- STAT 2631, Theory of Statistics, Fall 2007
- Statistical Science, 12, 1-19.
- Block, H., and Joe, H. (1997). Tail behavior of the failure rate
functions of mixtures. Lifetime Data Analysis, 3, 269-288.
- Block, H.W., Li, Y., and Savits, T.H. (2003). Initial and final behavior of failure rate functions for mixtures and systems.Journal of Applied Probability, 40, 721-740.
- Block, H.W., Mazumdar, M., and Ross, S. (2005). A note on generating systems composed of binary and ternary random variables. Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 19, 213-217.
- Block, H.W., Sampson, A.R., and Savits, T.H., Editors. (1990). Topics in Statistical Dependence, IMS Lecture Notes – Monograph Series, Volume 16.